What you'll need:
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup dry sweetener ( i used cane sugar)
1 1/3 cup rolled oat flakes
1 tbsp ground chia seed (optional)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 mashed banana
1/3 canola oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp ground flax seed, mixed with 2-3 tbsp water
Feel free to adjust/omit the following ingredients to your liking:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup coconut flakes ( i used unsweetened)
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, sweetener, oats, chia seed (if using), baking soda, baking powder, salt.
3. In a small bowl combine the banana, oil, maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla. Whisk or blend until smooth. Add the flax seed mixture.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry flour mixture and stir.
5. Add all other ingredients and stir until well incorporated. The mixture should be thick and sticky. If it is not sticking, I would add more peanut butter. If it's not thick, I would add more oats.
6. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and press it flat with your fingers.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are browned. Enjoy!